Waldorf Sarasota is so pleased to be able to accept both Step Up and McKay state scholarship funds!
Breaking News: The scholarship amount for the 2014-15 school year is increasing to $5,272. This makes the monthly tuition payment to our school only $28 per month!
The McKay and Step Up for Students scholarships are awarded on a first come first serve basis, so please apply for these programs as soon as you know you qualify if you want to be considered as a new scholarship recipient.
Families receiving state scholarships are expected to pay the difference between funds awarded and full tuition, including materials fees.
Step Up for Students Scholarships
A child entering first grade must be 6 on or before September 1st AND
Your household income is at or below the amount shown on the income guidelines chart below.
How to apply:
- Go to: www.stepupforstudents.org
- Click on the appropriate link (new family or renewal).
- You will need some documentation and will need to be able to print.
- You can save your application and come back to it later if you need.
If you already have a Step up for Students scholarship you may transfer to Waldorf Sarasota and bring your scholarship funds with you.
UPDATE From the Step-Up site:
For the 2014-2015 school year, due to an overwhelming response, we urge you to do the following:
Please apply by July 15, 2014, in order to ensure funding.
The private school scholarship amount has increased from $4,880 to $5,272 for the 2014-15 school year.
Students will no longer be required to attend a public school before becoming eligible for a scholarship.
Children placed in out-of-home care are now eligible to apply for scholarships.
Children who are in foster care, or out-of-home care, may keep their scholarships (even if they are adopted or reunified) until they graduate, or turn 21, whichever comes first.
- Student must apply for the program prior to withdrawing from public school
- Student must have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Accommodation Plan
- Student must have been enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys (Grades K-12) OR
- have been a pre-kindergarten student who was enrolled and reported for funding in Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys and was at least 4 years old OR
- have attended the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind during the preceding October and February student membership surveys (Grades K-12)
Please note that students with a “gifted only” designation and an Eligibility Plan (EP) do NOT meet the eligibility criteria for the McKay Scholarship Program.
If your child does not meet these requirements but has an IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan and is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces, the child may be eligible for a McKay Scholarship. Please contact the McKay Scholarship office at 1-800-447-1636.